Aerial Fitness Gift Guide 2016
The aerial arts are soaring in popularity in the fitness industry. Pole, silks, hoop and more are becoming well-known ways to get fit physically and, for some, emotionally. If you know someone who is passionate about pole or obsessed with silks, we have the perfect gift guide to help you make the most of gift giving this holiday season!
8) Deluxe Exercise Mat: It doesn't matter if you're brand new to the aerial arts, or a seasoned pro. The need for a mat is always there. You may be thinking to yourself, "She/he already has a yoga mat." However, the saying is true that if we love something, we have to let it go. That applies to yoga mats as well. Give your loved one with gift of comfort (and a bit of an upgrade) with THIS bundle from Amazon.com. It includes one ultra thick exercise mat with carrying strap, two yoga blocks (great for flexibility conditioning), one yoga mat towel and one hand towel. It's offered in a variety of colors, we're partial to purple of course, and is a no-fail gift for anyone at any level of the aerial lifestyle.
7) Rollers: No, not hot-rollers.... though that could come in handy for performances. What we suggest is a massage roller. Whether that comes in foam or stick form is up to you. Pole, silks and hoop classes are a ton of fun and wonderfully beneficial, but being in the studio numerous days in a week can take a toll on the muscles and joints. Rolling out each day helps release lactic acid, aids in muscle recovery, and helps increase mobility. Most fitness and aerial junkies have access to one at their gym or studio, but the convenience of having one at home is unbeatable! Check out these from Amazon.com and do your favorite aerialist a favor this holiday season! (Click photos to shop)
6) Tripod: We all love bragging about our accomplishments on social media. That means posting your perfectly flush split, a new trick on the pole or reaching new heights in the silks. In the spirit of creativity one may find themselves using mats, shoes, bags, etc. to stack their filming apparatus at the perfect height and angle. Give the gift of convenience with this Bower Xtreme Action Series Flex Tripod from Target! Now, the description says that it's made for use with a GoPro, but you can EASILY DIY an iPhone or Android friendly mount out of any tripod using the phone attachment from a selfie stick!
5) Pole/Aerial Journal: Journaling is a preferred method of keeping track of what a student is working on, what they've overcome and what they hope to achieve. This is a thoughtful, inexpensive gift that simply says, "I thought of you." If the aerial artist in your life isn't into journaling, they can display their passion while making their grocery list too! From right to left: (1) Aerial Silks journal from CafePress (2) Pole-r Bear journal from Artista Active Wear (3) Lyra journal from CafePress. Click photos to shop!
4) SNACKS! Give the gift of GRAZE. Graze is an incredible company that offers better alternatives for your standard snack foods. Each recipe is specially crafted to taste amazing and offer nutritional benefits from vitamins and minerals to sources of protein. Graze's specialty is snacking on the go, so each snack is perfectly portioned to give you the nutrition you need and ultimate satisfaction.
Monthly subscriptions are available, but if you're looking to purchase Graze for a loved one, they offer gift vouchers that are perfect for the holidays! Each gift voucher is good to redeem either 3, 5, 10, 15, 30 or 50 Graze boxes. Once you've purchased the vouc